I’m writing this article specifically for every police department in the United States and Canada. At the end you’ll see how police can help right now. I’m aware police have a slew of things to do, so I do not want to take up much of your time. I’m aware that public defenders cannot advocate for anything. Ask for references if you want. Raising awareness to police departments is key, because police are voters and they do uphold the law and are there to protect citizens, especially children. Some police departments have heard from me numerous times, some have never.
A quick background. I am adopted in a completely unnecessary adoption out of Rochester, NY. I am 33 and for the past 17 years have researched and exposed the manipulation, corruption, deceit, lies, and more done in America’s and Canada’s (and Ireland’s) adoption industry without getting paid. How does adoption endanger the lives of children and prevents some criminal cases from being solved? I’m going to be as quick as I can. I was nominated early 2018 to audition for Ted Talks. I did not make the cut into the next round but according to a professor to even be asked to audition is astronomical. I would have discussed how international adoption between the US and Asian countries is allowing paedophiles to adopt, and the psychological impact of adoption on first mothers, adoptees, and kept siblings. My goal here is not to waste your time and mine, but to teach you what is going on so that you can ask those running for office their views on adoption so we can have a more ethical and safe system. A lot of evil things that are going on you may not be aware of. In your off duty time perhaps you can advocate for change in order to make police work easier.
- Closed adoption means that there is no information passed between the biological family and the adoptive family and the adoptee. This should be considered child abuse in America and already is in the hearts and minds of adoptees. It’s already considered child abuse in some European countries. Adoption agencies lie to pregnant mothers and tell them that a closed adoption will make them forget about ever being pregnant and having a child. Adoption agencies and abortion clinics also lie to women who conceive in rape and tell them the baby will be an awful reminder. A friend of mine can attest to the severe pressure she faced from society when deciding to keep her rape conceived son. She survived a rape and attempted murder by a serial killer on a business trip to North Carolina. Today, that three year old boy receives weekly death threats that have to be reported to various police departments because she chose to keep him. She strongly emphasis her son is no reminder of the rape, but her now six surgeries are. Closed adoption results in astronomically high rates of anxiety and depression in adoptees. Closed adoptees are four times more likely to commit suicide. Adoptees also have higher incarceration rates but are not all from closed adoptions. It is legal in most states for an adoption lawyer or adoption agency worker to convince a minor as young as age 14 to give away her baby to adoption without any trusted adult knowing such as a parent, legal guardian, foster parent, aunt, teacher, or police officer knowing and then lie to a child as young as 14 that she won’t even remember it. Closed adoption also means that in the past biological family members and adoption agency workers knew about rapes but did not report them. As to whether or not they know about rapes today and are not reporting them I’d have to figure that out. A closed adoption means that a law abiding American citizen is denied to know their heritage (only changed thanks to Family Tree DNA, and then ancestry.com), their real name, their family medical history, their real birth certificate, and contact with family members who may want to know them. It allows men to hide the fact they got their girlfriends pregnant, underaged girls, and women they cheated with. Because of closed adoption, I lost 32 years with my paternal aunt, until she miraculously found me last year August 2017. We had no idea each other existed. Imagine waking up tomorrow in a different town, with a different name, with a new family, with no idea where your old family is, with no medical background, with no real birth certificate as yours has been sealed, possibly with no passport depending on when you were born and adopted as some adoptees are not permitted to leave the country simply for being adopted, and looking in the mirror not knowing whose nose and eyes you have. Welcome to the reality of closed adoptions and the terrible adoption industry.
- Adoption agencies do not have to pass along life saving medical information even if the biological parents ask them to. This can be read about in A Hole in My Heart by Lorraine Dusky and is a must for every New York State citizen. Although published decades ago, the facts in the book remain the same in 2018.
- Open adoptions are not legally enforceable. Nationwide about 75% of open adoptions close by the time the child is in kindergarten for both the US and Canada. This almost always is not because the biological parent is unsafe. Adoption agencies lie to vulnerable girls and women and tell them it’ll stay open. Then we have closed adoptions that are closed to begin with. In 2015, 102 or 105 adopted children in the United States were murdered or raped and murdered by their adopters. The same happens in Canada and the UK. Why? Because the multibillion dollar, loosely regulated, completely uncredentialed adoption industry has nobody checking on these kids. Tens of thousands of adopted kids are abused every year if we include verbal abuse. Yet the agencies that put these children into these abusive homes have never been brought to justice or been closed down. When Sadie Rone, who survived torture for 15 years from her adopters, called the agency they told her and I quote “that’s too bad”. So why are they still in business? Why are the agencies that were involved in the 1960s and 1970s Baby Scoop Era where women were forced to give away their babies, even handcuffed to the hospital beds when giving birth, and sent to abusive maternity homes still in business? We need a system where closed adoptions are abolished, open adoptions are legally enforced, all adopted children are fingerprinted at their local police station, and all adopted children are checked on annually by their local police department without the adoptive parents knowing.
- It is legal to resell your adopted kid. With such loose regulations in international adoption some kids are being adopted by evil paedophiles directly from Asian countries into Canada and the US. Some children in African countries and Albania are being adopted (usually not by North Americans) to be murdered and their organs harvested. Typically Albania to Greece. But back to Canada and the US, it is legal to resell your adopted child. The adoption industry calls it rehoming. I’ve seen these pitiful cases on facebook. Before being blocked from a site where adopted kids were being resold for things like “he gets in the way of our careers” and “there’s nothing wrong with her. She has no special needs or behavior problems, nothing wrong at all just after 10 years we don’t want to parent her anymore” and “after 8 weeks we decided parenting isn’t for us.” Even when an adoption lawyer is used this has turned adoption into a money making foster system. Non profit adoption agencies make a slew of money on tax returns. Besty DeVos’s brother is the director of Bethany Christian Services which has a very spotted background, and it rakes in millions a year. Reselling a child teaches him that he is commodity as does taking a child away from his biological family that is middle class and has the means like mine did. It also shows the agency failed in finding a good home. These children have a lot of problems from it, and already had problems being ripped from their home life.
- 97% of infant domestic adoptions in the US are preventable. The system is set up to give biological parents next to no time to ask for their children back, but when they do agencies commonly ignore the emails and calls. I know of biological parents who were ignored, asked for their child back, refused and child psychologists paid good money by agencies said it’s better for the child to stay with the adopters, adopters who have a record when the biological parents do not, because “he’s used to them”. Should we start using that for kidnapped victims too? Oh, they have Stockholm Syndrome and are used to them? Most assuredly no! When an infant is not returned to the biological parents when they asked for their child back within the legal time frame and that request goes ignored, that is kidnapping. So why do we allow it to continue? My article Natural Mothers Do Not Get Time to Look It Over is recommended.
- Closed adoptions, and open adoptions that close, mean the adoptee has to search for family. It took me 13 years with no information to go on and I am actually more successful at finding people than some private detectives (not police detectives mind you), not to toot my horn, but it’s true. The adoption agencies do not mention to the adoptee any unsafe biological family members that they know about. You have adoptees right here and now finding out their biological fathers were rapists, or that their biological grandfather was a paedophile. Even if the adoption agency didn’t know it’s the mere fact that had the adoptee not had their own information sealed on them they would know who is safe to reach out to and who is not. We are setting up 10 million (easily) North Americans to put themselves at risk for contacting family members who are not safe versus the ones who are.
- How does adoption prevent cases from being solved ? If the body has not been found then that blood needs to be analysed. If the blood analysed is not in the database then we move onto familial DNA to see if there’s a match between the murder victim and their family. For an adoptee, this comes down to millions of people of people not having this access and therefore police and forensics not having this access either. The adoption industry is trying to claim birthparent privacy is the reason for this. Birthparent privacy a lie. The original birth certificate is not sealed until the adoption is finalized, so if a baby is given away for adoption but ends up in foster care he or she keeps his or her original birth certificate making privacy null and void. In fact, KS, AK, and AL are the 3 states not to seal, so once again privacy is null and void. No, privacy stays on the book to hide the fact a judge in TN was involved in human trafficking with Georgia Tann, and that senators in MN and NY bought children illegally from Georgia Tann, the illegal trafficking of Irish babies into Canada and the States (see Philomena movie), the bigshots who got their mistresses pregnant, and more. By not unsealing original birth certificates, by not abolishing closed adoptions, by not legally enforcing open adoptions, and by not helping the 3 million Canadian women and 7 million American women (a very conservative estimate) who lost their babies to adoption we are hindering the progress of so many criminal cases. How many? I have no idea. I will say that women and girls have been told things like “shame on you for getting pregnant” “tell your husband and he’ll leave you” “whore” “you’ll go to hell if anyone knows” and more. I’ve interviewed about 600 biological mothers. These women need help, not remaining in their shame. I can also 100% guarantee that some of you reading this if you took the tests with both Family Tree DNA and ancestry.com would find out you have a relative given away for adoption or are adopted yourself (whole or half, a half adoptee being say your dad isn’t your biological dad), and it will completely change your world and that of your children. Late discovery adoption is common, and is sometimes the reason why an adult endured child abuse or cold indifference during his childhood.
I hope learning new things you can keep your eye out, tell others when off duty, and ask politicians what their stance is. Remember groups like the National Council for Adoption are only pro adoption lobbyists. They have no, as far as my research shows, anyone on their board who is adopted or a biological parent. Nor has the adoption industry advocated for the 15,000 illegally adopted (aka kidnapped) Korean born people from the 1950s through 1980s who today cannot legally vote, marry, or work and can’t legally naturalize themselves in the US. Until the system is reformed, children will continue to go to bad homes, babies will continue to be taken away when not needed, kidnappings under the false pretenses of adoption will continue, coercion, lies, and pressure will remain legal, suicide and incarceration rates will remain much higher among adoptees, and the progression of solving crimes when the body cannot be located will be slowed.
So, how can police help right now? When (does the sign of the cross because of how dangerous domestic violence is for police officers) you are called to a domestic violence call, a child abuse call, or worst of all (cringing) a homicide of a child investigate if the child was in foster care or was adopted. Find out who the CPS worker or adoption agency worker and adoption agency was, or adoption attorney or any of the above, and publicize their names in the report. The public needs to know who was responsible for putting these kids into bad homes, and then firing them. If the children are rescued and happen to be in foster care or were adopted try to locate biological family. In my 17 years of research I’ve come to find more than half the time the child can be returned to a biological family member such as a grandmother or aunt. Remember, they don’t go looking for extended family to raise these kids because that would take away money from the multibillion dollar adoption industry.
Thank you for your time.
(*Note child in photo is an adopted murder victim. Child abuse and child homicide by adopters).